We are pleased to announce a new fully funded training offer available for primary teaching assistants (TAs) working in the Opportunity Area. Delivered by experienced training providers, the courses, which are running in the 2019 spring and summer terms, focus on topics highlighted by local TAs as key areas of need:
- Understanding Behaviour That Challenges
- Delivered by Qualified Education – contact Georgina Sexton: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EAL – Training for Teaching Assistants
- Working with pupils who have English as an additional language (EAL)
- Delivered by Peach Orator – contact David Ravensdale: email@example.com
- Building Confidence in Using Technology – for Teaching Assistants
- Using ICT in everyday work
- Delivered by The ICT Service – contact Craig Thompson: Craig.Thompson@theictservice.org.uk
Funding is available for two TAs from each primary school in the Opportunity Area to attend each course. If more than two TAs from your school would like to participate in any of the training courses, please get in touch with the relevant provider to express your interest and they can contact you if more spaces become available.
If you have any general queries in relation to this training offer, please do not hesitate to contact Bethan Du-Mont, Opportunity Area Programme Coordinator, at Bethan.DuMont@cambridgeshire.gov.uk. For any course-specific queries, please contact the relevant provider using the email address above.