The Opportunity Area (OA) has funded 2 additional posts in Fenland and East Cambridgeshire to increase the level of Special Education Needs and Disability Information Advice Support Service (SENDIASS) available to families and young people.
SENDIASS offers support to parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs or a disability (SEND) or have concerns that their child has special educational needs.
SENDIASS can help parents and carers with:
- Confidential support and someone to talk to in confidence
- Advice and information about special educational needs
- Independent support for children, young people and families as Statements are transferred to Education, Health and Care (EHC) Plans
- Preparing for meetings with your child’s school or with professionals who are working with your child
- Information on your rights and responsibilities as a parent, children’s rights and SEN law and guidance
- Information about local support groups and voluntary organisations
This support is currently available via the telephone and/or online by virtual drop-ins using Microsoft Teams. Dates will be advertised throughout the year.
More information and contact:
To contact the team and book a 30 minute appointment email:
- Donna.Sparrow@cambridgeshire.gov.uk (Fenland)
- Theraza.email@example.com (East Cambridgeshire)