We have partnered with YMCA Trinity Group to offer a range of funded mental health training for schools and early years settings. The training will be available online as well as face-to-face when restrictions allow. Even if you have already taken part in this training, you can apply for courses you have yet to access.
Here is just some of the training available:
- Whole Staff Introduction to Mental Health
- Classroom Strategies for Mental Health Support
- Staff Wellbeing Workshops
- Managing Challenging Behaviour Workshop
- Mentoring Adults: A Solution Focused Approach
- Mental Health Awareness for Managers
- Train the Trainer: Mental Health Champions (3 day or 1 day refresher course)
- Reflective Supervision Skills
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health (Parents/carers can also enrol free of charge, T&Cs apply)
- Delivering Parent and Student Workshops
To ensure schools make informed choices about the training, YMCA Trinity Group, alongside statutory sector partners, have developed a Mental Health Training Competency Framework.
You are invited to view the YMCA’s recorded webinar to learn about the framework and how you can use it to undertake an evidence-based Training Needs Analysis. You will then be able to consult with experienced professionals before choosing the training you would like to access. You can access the webinar via the free-to access Knowledge Hub (additional materials available) or YouTube.
Please read the mental health training (Peterborough) application form and contact the team to access the framework toolkit before completing your application.
How to apply:
Please complete the mental health training (Peterborough) application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funding will broadly be available on a first come first served basis. You may be required to complete the Training Needs Analysis tool to ensure the courses chosen are the most suitable for your needs.