The Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families provides guidance and support on how to help children and young people with their mental health. We have picked out a number of resources that you may find particularly useful at this time:
- Managing unexpected endings and transitions
- Evidence about unplanned endings and transitions, as well as approaches to help children and young people face the current situation.
- Coping with unexpected endings and loss
- For school staff to share with parents and carers, providing practical ways to help children and young people dealing with loss they are experiencing through lockdown.
- Sharing good practice and looking to the future
- Examples of good practice that schools have shared about how they have adapted and responded to the challenges of lockdown, as well as considering how to use learnings to inform school planning.
- On My Minds self-care resource
- Over 90 self-care strategies identified and written by young people.
- Posters for early years settings offering simple advice for parents and carers:
- Resources for early years
More information and guidance can be found at the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families website.