The New Wave English Hub offers a collaborative, supportive approach that empowers schools to improve provision of phonics and early language development to ensure pupils get the outcomes they deserve.
The English Hub can support schools in a variety of ways:
- Invite schools to visit the English Hub and see best practice in action at their showcase events
- Review and refine action plans
- Carry out full-day school-based audits of early language and reading provision
- Offer bespoke in-school support run by their team of literacy specialists
- Fund or match fund schools to buy resources including commercial phonics packages and training.
The hub is running a number of free webinars across the year. This term, webinar topics include:
- Supporting Parents with Phonics
- Child-led Book Talk
- Implementing Talk Through Stories
Details of the full English Hub offer and upcoming webinars can be found in the New Wave English Hub Support Offer 2021–2022 booklet.