The New Wave English Hub offers a collaborative, supportive approach that empowers schools to improve provision of phonics and early language development to ensure pupils get the outcomes they deserve.
The English Hub can support schools in a variety of ways:
- Invite schools to visit the English Hub and see best practice in action at their showcase events
- Review and refine action plans
- Carry out full-day school-based audits of early language and reading provision
- Offer bespoke in-school support run by their team of literacy specialists
- Fund or match fund schools to buy resources including commercial phonics packages and training.
The hub is running a number of free webinars across the year. This term, webinar topics include:
- Supporting Parents with Phonics
- Child-led Book Talk
- Implementing Talk Through Stories
The New Wave English Hub are hosting a Roadshow for Cambridgeshire & Fenland:
- This includes day of free training to showcase great phonics teaching in action.
- You’ll also be invited to share about how the DfE English Hub programme can support your school to deliver great teaching in phonics, early language and reading. Which has further training and funding of up to £6000 available.
- When: Friday 29th April 2022, 8:30AM – 3:00PM
- Where: Cavalry Primary School, March, PE15 9EQ
- Who: Headteachers & Reading/English/Phonic Leaders
Find out more about the Roadshow event here
Details of the full English Hub offer and upcoming webinars can be found in the New Wave English Hub Support Offer 2021–2022 booklet.